Wednesday, December 12, 2007

oh cool, let's eat bambi!

i'm tired.
possibly because it's 10:21pm, and i haven't been sleeping too well the last few nights.
or maybe because work has been kicking my tail the last week and a half.
very possibly a combination of both.

i really like my job, most days.... but it can be frustrating. especially for a semi-perfectionist like me who has a problem with the job i've been doing lately. the poopy part is, unless things change soon for the better so that my time can be more focused on what it needs to be focused on, that's not going to change - in fact, it's about to get much, much worse. i just have to keep telling myself that i'm only human, and that someone else new walking in would be even further behind than i am. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.

i finally finished wicked, which seems like it took absolutely forever, so now hopefully i can get on with the books i managed to get from the library at home. i'm just kinda proud of myself that i managed to tough it out and finish it... the beginning is so slow and dry. it just seemed to take much longer than it should have. but it's done, and i have one more to put on the shelf. i have to admit it was well-written, even if it did seem to get bogged down in places. it's fascinating how he can take a place as captivating as oz and create an entire world, with the same political and social issues that it seems every civilization has dealt with at one point or another. even if it was slightly over-political.

my christmas tree is now up. i still hold to the idea that if you have enough lights, it doesn't matter how crappy your christmas tree is (in my case, a $14.88 tree from wal-mart that's screaking through its 4th christmas). although i have noticed that if you have too many on the inner parts of the branches, it illuminates the insides and shows how scriggly it is. oh well. my christmas tree has 411 lights on it, and i'm quite proud. and my peppermint candle really adds to the ambience. too bad the rest of my living room doesn't :) i guess i tend to gravitate toward the eclectic.

i'm going to leave you with one of my new favorite quotes:
"the price of healthy gums is eternal vigilance."

No comments: