Monday, December 11, 2006

good times, bad news....

interesting weekend. friday night, dinner with the parentals at cheddars (mm!). don't really remember what I did after that. hm.

saturday, cantata dress rehearsal in the morning. got my hair cut in the afternoon (YAY!!!!!). Saturday night, over to Bethany & JR's to play balderdash with them, ryan & amanda... CRAZY times. sometimes I forget how weird my friends are. and then we make up random definitions about hatchet axes, tree sloths, hockey-esque, and african tribal dances. great times, LOTS of laughing (and bad spelling, too...) it's nice having so many friends around again. now if we can just talk the midget into moving back up...................

sunday, church in the morning, lunch at mom & dad's. oh yeah, and there was the waffle house for breakfast. it's also nice having good friends at church to go out and eat breakfast with between services :-) (even if I am the youngest.....)

cantata last night... if I do say so myself, it was excellent. the cantata itself was beautiful, we didn't screw up all the hard parts, and the other instruments were fabulous. we had a harp, flutes, clarinets, oboe, and bassoon to add to our wonderful pianist, Maria. afterwards, our awesome hispanic congregation fixed us dinner (and no, they aren't awesome simply because they're good cooks) I haven't eaten that good of mexican food in... well, maybe ever. SOOOOO good. the salsa was to die for.

but then there was the bad news... I found out (friday night? or saturday) that the mom of the kids I've babysat for pretty much all their lives (she babysat me when I was little, too... their family is really close to ours) has abnormal spots on her brain. this is especially scary since her dad died of a brain tumor while I was in high school. they're all pretty much scared to death (for good reason!!!) I can't imagine what she's going through.... if you think about it, please pray for her. for her whole family. her kids are 11, 9 & I think 3. I don't think they've said anything to them yet, though... not until they know something definitive. she's waiting to see a neurologist to find out what's actually for sure wrong.

other bad news, my grandpa was admitted to the hospital last night. they think he's bleeding internally (his intestines, maybe?) last I knew they were waiting for the doctor to come in to find out the test results. my grandma doesn't do well on her own, so I would appreciate prayers for them as well. my uncle should have just gotten there from kansas city to help out, so at least someone will be there for them.

anyway, that was my weekend. crazy times.

No comments: