Friday, January 09, 2009

you can catch me

In the last year, I have turned into quite the slacker-blogger. Maybe when I actually take the time to sit down and write a few New Year's Resolutions, changing that will be one of them. Knowing my penchant for all things procrastination, however, the resolution-writing seems unlikely. But I am determined to do better with the blogging, though. I amaze myself every time I get upset when one of my favorite bloggers hasn't updated for a bit, when it's usually been a month since I have bothered to do the same. Really, I'm not quite so hypocritical about the rest of life.

In the meantime, I just got back on Sunday from a fabulous two weeks in Kentucky.



I got to see my family and some of my wonderful friends, whom I miss with my soul. We also got some discouraging news about the adoption (read more about that here, if you wish). We would all appreciate your prayers.

Sadly enough, the month of December was just crazy enough that I didn't get the chance to do a lot of reading. I don't even remember what I've read lately... pitiful. I do remember reading Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella... I personally didn't find it quite as good as Undomestic Goddess, but it was still some good chicklit. Over Thanksgiving, I read Havana Nocturne: How the Mob Owned Cuba and Then Lost It to the Revolution by T.J. English. Even though family holiday times made the reading a bit slow, I still really enjoyed this book. And now I've become slightly obsessed with Cuban history. Seriously, so fascinating. I'm currently reading The Meaning of Night: A Confession by Michael Cox, but it's been slow reading for this one, too. I'm having a hard time getting my mind into books lately, for some reason. I also read a couple short Evanovich books - she never ceases to amuse. Um... I think that's it. I'm hoping that now that the Christmas craziness has passed, I'll have more time and mental energy to devour some new good books again.

Okay, it's late, and this post has rambled on enough. Have a great weekend, everybody.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I really liked The Meaning of Night once I got into it - at one particularly climactic moment I actually shouted out loud "That B*$%^!!! I TOLD you not to trust her!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!" and had to take a break before I could continue reading.