Monday, June 30, 2008

"there'll be no butter in hell!"

So yet again, it's been awhile.... I've been having issues with the power cord on my laptop, which is not condusive to frequent blogging, since it gets really old to try to type the same post 15 times before frustratedly throwing said laptop out the window (even if only in my mind).

I managed to take a week and steal away from work to go home for a bit.... absolutely wonderful. I really needed some time, just to get away and not think about work for a bit. And to see everybody!! Other than dodging the dive-bombing cicadas, and missing out on seeing a few people, it couldn't have been better... I just needed another few weeks :)

I have been reading ravenously lately.... Here is the stack of books that I have sitting on my coffee table at the moment:



Now granted, the 1st book (Cold Comfort Farm) I just finished the other day, and the bottom book (Such a Pretty Fat) I finished awhile ago. As for Cold Comfort, it was a fabulous book! I think it's the type of book I could read over and over again and laugh out loud every single time. Corella, your book choices for me are so perfect! I can't wait to read the other 4 :) Oh, and there is a book I don't have pictured here that's sitting on my floor waiting to be read - Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris. My brother gave me The Historian for my birthday - I really can't wait to read it. And the other books here (Crichton, Hosseini) are ones that he got for me from the free table at the library. w00t! Anyway, I should have plenty to keep me busy reading for quite awhile. Which is pretty much perfect for me :)

Okay... I guess that's pretty much it. Nothing too exciting going on... other than my puppy being constantly freaked out by the teenage boys up the street and their incessant need to set off as many fireworks as is possible in an evening. Last night I couldn't convince him to step foot out the door until well after 10pm, and I think that was only because of desperation. There is some less interesting stuff going on, such as my finally getting tomato cages for my 3 little plants (grow, little tomato plants, grow!!) and the planting of all the lilies & japanese iris my dad gave me from his garden. It looks like some of them will do fine, but there are a couple that are still in the sketchy category. Here's keeping my fingers crossed....

No comments: