Tuesday, February 19, 2008

OO RAH

This is not the post I started writing last night. I wrote the beginning of a post last night, and then my computer miraculously shut off. I was going to finish it tonight, but considering the entire thing was mostly pointless, and the thing I am going to be posting tonight is anything BUT, you'll have to come back later if you really care to read about the lastest random happenings in my life.

This post is about the lastest happenings in someone else's life.

But first let me ask you, what do you say in a phone conversation that you know will be the last you'll have with the other individual for at a minimum several (i.e. seven) months? How do you say goodbye, and express all the feelings in your heart and mind, especially without making it harder for said individual?

JR called me tonight. He's shipping out tomorrow. To Iraq. For several months, possibly 7.

I'll miss him. We've had some crazy times together... Maybe I'm just choosing to forget, but somehow this time seems a little harder than the last time he shipped out. Even though I've been hundreds of miles away and haven't seen him for months... He's a great friend.

So I ask you... if you think about it, if you happen to run across this blog in the middle of your busy day, offer up a prayer for him. For his safety, for his loneliness... And for his wife, too. Barely a year they've been married... I covet your prayers for them, and I'm sure they would as well.


Marine JR


JR & his beautiful wife




We miss you!!

No comments: